To achieve this commitment, Great Five as your broker takes the initiative to:-
- advice whether the loss is covered,
- advice whether the claim is admissible
- advice whether the claim has been reported on time
- make sure the claim is fully documented, or the requisite documents
- contact and make sure the loss adjuster/assessor/investigator receives full co-operation from all concerned
The following is the ideal procedure we would follow as the Insurance Broker:-
1) Provide the insured with a write-up on the preliminary, technical and physical procedure to follow on claims under each of the different classes of insurance.
2) Maintain a record of claims, in the form of a register which is regularly updated and may be reviewed with the insured.
3) On the happening of the loss or damage and on receiving notification;
- Promptly report the claim to the Insurance Company
- Provide you with claim forms for the respective claim reported to us, which you shall have to fill in and return
- Ensure the prompt appointment of a loss adjuster or assessor where one is required and follow up to ascertain that the loss adjuster or assessor proceeds to visit the site of the loss or damage for investigation and/or assessment.
- Depending on the nature, magnitude or seriousness of the loss or damage, send a representative to the site
- Maintain a constant track of the Adjuster's investigation or adjustment of the loss
- Give advice and assist in the completion of claim forms, where necessary, and the compiling of the required claims supporting documents and/or any other details
- Follow up the Insurance Company to ensure that where a claim has been fully documented, it is promptly settled
- In the case of motor vehicle claims, constantly check with the garage and ensure that repairs are carried out without undue delay
- In respect of legal liability claims ensure that prompt attention is accorded to legal procedures for instance, summons to enter appearance in court are passed on to or advised to the Insurance Company for immediate action.
4) In general, negotiate all claims with the Insurance Company to a satisfactory conclusion in the best possible interest of the insured.
5) Regularly appraise the insured of changes in any relevant legislation and procedures.
To assist us achieve quick and amicable settlement of your claim, it is imperative that you do the following:-
- Notify us as soon as possible of any potential claim
- Take all reasonable steps to secure your property to prevent further damage
- Notify the Police or any other relevant authority of any loss suffered, where applicable
- If another party is involved get full details, name, address, phone number, vehicle details
- Where necessary, avail witnesses and prevail on them to cooperate with appointed representatives